You have never dared to leave on trips with crampons on feet but high altitude attracts you ?
Day 1 Argentière Glacier
We meet in the morning with the group and the guide behind the Aiguille du Midi cable car in the center of Chamonix.
Material rent for those who need, backpacks check ups and picnic distribution by the guide, before leaving with your personal war to join the village of Argentière.
The cable car ride will take you in a few minutes to Lognan at 1970m. from there, you start your trek on the hiking path leading you to the left shore of the Argentière glacier.
This is our first opportunity to train on the ice : how to attach your crampons, rope yourself, what is the purpose of an ice anchor ? Many things that you will learn throughout your day thanks to entertaining exercices to discover mountaineering basics.
Return to Argentière late in the afternoon.
Positive difference in altitude : around 500 m | Negative difference in altitude : around 500 m
Dates & prices
No departure for now
Trip code: ADEC
- Cable cars and transfers necessary to the trip's program
- A high mountain guide's supervision
- Collective equipment (ropes...)
- Picnics for lunch
- Individual material
- Transfers in the valley
- Snacks: dried fruits, cereal bars, chocolate bars, etc ..
- All the drinks and personal expenses in refuges
- Insurance and assistance
- Anything that is not mentioned in the "price includes"
Terms and conditions
- More than 30 days before departure, you will be charged for the amount of 50€
- From 30 to 21 days before departure, you will be charged for the amount of the deposit (30% of the trip’s price)
- From 20 to 14 days before departure, you will be charged for 50% of the trip’s price
- From 13 to 7 days before departure, you will be charged for 75% of the trip’s priceLess than 7 days before departure, you will be charged for the whole trip’s price
- Airline fixed costs: plane tickets are bought in advance to avoid too high airline prices, however they are non refundable in case of cancellation or plan changes. In that case, the charges above apply to the price of your trip without the plane ticket’s price
- Ground fixed costs: you will be charged for the fees that were paid early
- Insurance fees: Insurance fees will not be refunded if you have subscribed to a multi-risk or cancellation insurance. The specific conditions will be written on your subscription confirmationIf you have no choice but to cancel your trip before departure, you must inform Montagne Expeditions and your insurance provider with a written statement as soon as possible, you will get a receipt.
Changes to travel contract
- By train : SNCF Saint Gervais les Bains le Fayet train station then the touristic Mont Blanc Express TER to Chamonix. Timetable and prices on : www.voyages-sncf.com
- By road : A40 "Autoroute Blanche" to Chamonix
- In the end of the afternoon in Chamonix (74)
- Le CAF du Tour starting from the end of March (http://chaletdutour.ffcam.fr/), half-board from 42€. Véronique prepares everything herself with organic products. It is our favorite lodge for small budget (20min drive from Chamonix).
- L’hôtel des Campanules (www.hotel-campanules.com), night from 49€. This hotel is easily accessible thanks to the train station of Les Houches. Accommodation near the city center of Chamonix
- Gîte le Chamoniard Volant (http://www.chamoniard.com/), night from 20€.
- L’hôtel du Prieuré*** (www.prieurechamonix.com/fr/index.php)
- L’hôtel Héliopic**** ( www.heliopic-hotel-spa.com)
- Le Gustavia*** (http://www.hotelgustavia.eu/): in front of the central train station of Chamonix.
Budget & exchange
- Mountain shoes
- Ice axe
- Thick trekking trousers with gaiters (+1 pair of waterproof trousers in case of rain)
- Long sleeve breathable tee-shirt, or short sleeves if you prefer
- Fleece jacket
- Hat or cap
- Windstopper and waterproof jacket
- Small backpack
- 1.5L water bottle or thermos
- Waterproof gloves
- Personal medicine
- Pain reliever (preferably paracetamol)
- Double skin
- Local disinfectant
- Intestinal antiseptic
- Light sleeping pills
- Broad spectrum antibiotic
- Vitamins C
- Up to 90 days visit in France : citizens from most countries do not need a visa to visit France.
- Over 90 days visit in France : non-EU or non-EFTA citizens must have a visa to visit France over 90 days.
Health information & recommendations
- Most of our accommodations are run by locals, thus ensuring that the largest part of the revenue generated through your trip will stay within the region.
- France is known for its exquisite cuisine. The art of cooking and the joy of eating are part of everyday life. Each region has its particular foods and flavors which we would like you to explore and appreciate.
- Water is a precious and rare good. Our team and those travelling with us are thus advised to use it with consideration and avoid excessive water use where possible.
- Please try to recycle your waste whenever possible, even though recycling may not be a well-known concept in all areas.
- Be cautious and respectful when hiking. Make sure to wear suitable footwear and avoid picking flowers, moving stones or lighting fires.