Level 2 mountaineering improvement traineeship
This traineeship is addressed to experienced participants wishing to improve their skills thanks to precious advice from Montagne Expédition guides.
Days 1 to 5 Traineeship program
The guide will decide of the week's program depending on the following criteria :
- Participants' level, treks already achieved and those you dream of doing
- Altitude acclimatization notion is still present
- Difficulty & engagement increasing program
- Mountain conditions and forecasted weather
Indicative list of possible courses :
- Les Perrons = Crossing
- Praz Torrent = Parat-Seigneur way
- Aiguille d'Argentière = NW, Flèche Rousse ridge
- Aiguille du Chardonnet = Forbes ridge
- Les Courtes = Crossing
- Aiguille de Blaitière, Nabot Léon way
- Aiguille du Midi, Eperon des Cosmiques = Rébuffat way
- Mont-Blanc du Tacul = Goulotte Chéré
- Pointe Adolphe Rey = Salluard way
- Tour Ronde = Couloir Gervasutti
- Chapelle de la Glière =South ridge
- Pointe de Dran, Woody Wood Pecker way
- La Mamule, Tonneaux des Danaïdes way
- Pointe du Midi, l'Année des Treize Lunes
NW = normal way
Dates & prices
|From||To||Price per person||Guaranteed||Booking|
Trip code: ASPA2
- A deposit of 30% of the trip’s price will be needed during the booking, the whole price must be paid at least 30 days before departure.
- The technical organization of the stay
- Mountaineering with high-mountain guides
- Collective equipment provided
- Half-board accommodation in refuges, cottages and lodges
- Lunch picnics
- Cable cars
- Individual technical equipment
- Snacks: dried fruits, cereal bars, chocolate bars, etc ..
- All the drinks and personal expenses in refuges
- Insurance and assistance
- Application fees
- Anything that is not mentioned in the "price includes"
Terms and conditions
- More than 30 days before departure, you will be charged for the amount of 50€
- From 30 to 21 days before departure, you will be charged for the amount of the deposit (30% of the trip’s price)
- From 20 to 14 days before departure, you will be charged for 50% of the trip’s price
- From 13 to 7 days before departure, you will be charged for 75% of the trip’s priceLess than 7 days before departure, you will be charged for the whole trip’s price
- Airline fixed costs: plane tickets are bought in advance to avoid too high airline prices, however they are non refundable in case of cancellation or plan changes. In that case, the charges above apply to the price of your trip without the plane ticket’s price
- Ground fixed costs: you will be charged for the fees that were paid early
- Insurance fees: Insurance fees will not be refunded if you have subscribed to a multi-risk or cancellation insurance. The specific conditions will be written on your subscription confirmationIf you have no choice but to cancel your trip before departure, you must inform Montagne Expeditions and your insurance provider with a written statement as soon as possible, you will get a receipt.
Changes to travel contract
- Lunch picnics
- Diners : meals prepared by shelter keepers
- Take some race food according to your own tastes (cereals bars, chocolate bars, dry fruits,…).
- Water is not for free in refuges (from 5 to 8 euros one bottle). We advise you to bring some water purification tablets (Aquatabs or Micropur) in order to drink tap water.
- Personal drinks are not included in the trip's price
- Bring cash for coffees, fruit juices, coke or beers during breaks… Shelters usually don’t accept bank card payments and Euros.
- Every refuges of this itinerary are comfortable and warm. Dormitories are equipped with blankets for the night (plan to bring your personal bed sheet for hygiene reasons).
- Slippers are at your disposal : no need to bring trainers.
- We advise you to bring protection against noise (ear plugs).
- A few electrical plugs are available in refuges, but plan to bring an external battery to charge your camera and switch off your phone during the day.
- By train : SNCF Saint Gervais les Bains le Fayet train station then the touristic Mont Blanc Express TER to Chamonix. Timetable and prices on : www.voyages-sncf.com
- By road : A40 "Autoroute Blanche" to Chamonix
- In the end of the afternoon in Chamonix (74)
- Le CAF du Tour starting from the end of March (http://chaletdutour.ffcam.fr/), half-board from 42€. Véronique prepares everything herself with organic products. It is our favorite lodge for small budget (20min drive from Chamonix).
- L’hôtel des Campanules (www.hotel-campanules.com), night from 49€. This hotel is easily accessible thanks to the train station of Les Houches. Accommodation near the city center of Chamonix
- Gîte le Chamoniard Volant (http://www.chamoniard.com/), night from 20€.
- L’hôtel du Prieuré*** (www.prieurechamonix.com/fr/index.php)
- L’hôtel Héliopic**** ( www.heliopic-hotel-spa.com)
- Le Gustavia*** (http://www.hotelgustavia.eu/): in front of the central train station of Chamonix.
Budget & exchange
- Collective equipment (ropes)
- Slippers and blankets while in refuges
- High Mountain shoes with rigid soles
- Climbing shoes
- Ice axe, crampons, harness, helmet
- 1L water bottle
- 1 bed sheet
- Survival blanket
- 1 headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Pocket knife
- 1 pair of gaiters
- A small toiletry bag (strict minimum)
- Sunscreen (face and lips)
- A bag protector in case of rain (non mandatory)
- Hat or cap
- Glacier sunglasses + ski goggles
- 1 pair of warm gloves or mitains
- 1 pair of fleece gloves
- 2 or 3 technical underwear long sleeve shirts
- 1 windstopper, breathable and waterproof jacket type Goretex
- 1 pair of comfortable mountain trousers
- 1 pair of technical breathable tights
- 2 pairs of socks : 1 thick and 1 thin
- Personal medicine
- Pain reliever (preferably paracetamol)
- Double skin
- Local disinfectant
- Intestinal antiseptic
- Light sleeping pills
- Broad spectrum antibiotic
- Vitamins C
- Up to 90 days visit in France : citizens from most countries do not need a visa to visit France.
- Over 90 days visit in France : non-EU or non-EFTA citizens must have a visa to visit France over 90 days.
Health information & recommendations
- Most of our accommodations are run by locals, thus ensuring that the largest part of the revenue generated through your trip will stay within the region.
- France is known for its exquisite cuisine. The art of cooking and the joy of eating are part of everyday life. Each region has its particular foods and flavors which we would like you to explore and appreciate.
- Water is a precious and rare good. Our team and those travelling with us are thus advised to use it with consideration and avoid excessive water use where possible.
- Please try to recycle your waste whenever possible, even though recycling may not be a well-known concept in all areas.
- Be cautious and respectful when hiking. Make sure to wear suitable footwear and avoid picking flowers, moving stones or lighting fires.